1. Talk about a season in your life when you were fully content. What was it about that season that fed your contentment?
2. Do you know someone who lives with pervasive discontentment? If so, how does that discontentment affect the quality of his or her life?
3. Does the kind of contentment the apostle Paul describes seem achievable in your own life? Why or why not?
4. What are some things that make it difficult for you to believe God may do extraordinary and unexpected things through your challenging circumstances?
5. What is your primary source of discontentment right now? What is one thing you can do to live with more contentment out of the knowledge that you can’t change your circumstances, but Jesus can? How can this group support you?