1. Prior to this sermon how would you have responded to this statement: “forgiving means forgetting”? Why would you agree or disagree?
2. Have you ever found yourself struggling to forgive because you assumed you had to act like nothing ever happened
– or that forgiving someone meant they got away with the behavior? How did that assumption impact your life?
3. What are your thoughts on how God forgives? Compare the idea of eternal forgiveness (He treats us like we’ve never sinned) with the idea of Him letting us suffer earthly consequences for our sin.
4. Kyle talked about the Crisis and Process of Forgiveness. Which one is more difficult for you? Choosing to Forgive or living out Forgiveness?
5. What tools can you use to deal with the painful memories of events that God asks you to forgive?