1. Nicodemus is seeking a human solution to a spiritual problem. Have you ever tried to use a human solution for a spiritual problem? How did that work out for you?
2. John 3:16 is probably the most famous verse in the Bible. We have all heard it before, but how does hearing it in its original context help us to appreciate it even more?
3. The longer we are Christians, the easier it becomes to trust our own sensibilities, rules and human “goodness.” Nicodemus had religion and the Scriptures, but he did not have Jesus. How do you know that you are trusting Jesus (not your religion)?
4. When you have gospel conversations with your friends, do they understand the absolute uniqueness of Jesus? What are some effective ways you have communicated this to your friends?
5. Grace makes us secure in a relationship with God both now and in the future. How secure do you feel in your faith journey with God?