1. Can you think of a time when following Jesus cost you something? What exactly did it cost you (e.g. popularity, loss of job, loss of friendship, etc.)?
2. What could it cost you if you decided to not follow Jesus?
3. How confident are you that commands and directives from Jesus are meant to give you life?
4. Matthew 16:25 says, “For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.”
• When you hear that Jesus wants something for you rather than from you, how does it make you feel? What thoughts come to mind?
• What does it look like to go “all-in” with Jesus?
5. What is the one thing you need to lose in order to have a more meaningful life with Jesus?